A. Court Availability and Use: Tennis courts are available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. for use by club members in good standing and their guests while playing with a member. No person not in good standing with the club may be a guest of any member. No guest may use the tennis courts in the absence of his/her sponsoring club member.
B. Reservations for Club Members:
1. A court can be reserved in 30 minute increments for up to 2 hours a day.
2. Only one block of court time per day may be reserved by any club member.
3. A reserved court time shall not be extended beyond 2 hours by two or more club members signing up for consecutive periods.
4. Reservations cannot be made more than 2 days in advance. For example, a reservation for Wednesday can be made any time on Monday, but not on Sunday.
5. Reservations can be made only by using the ReserveMyCourt.com website (there is also an app for iPhone and android devices). To do so, follow these steps:
a. Go to www.reservemycourt.com and click on Player Sign-Up to setup new player account.
b. Select PANGBORN as your Home Facility, and enter our Facility Code: 2255
c. Fill in the remainder of your information and click SUBMIT.
d. Reservations can be made anytime day or night.
6. A reserved court time shall be forfeited if the reserving club member is not ready to play within 10 minutes of the scheduled start time. The remainder of a forfeited reservation time may be claimed by any club member ready to play, subject to the priority rules set out below.
7. Priority Rules: Players with a reserved time have priority if the reservation is claimed within 10 minutes of the scheduled start time. Any dispute as to the use of the court shall be resolved in favor of the player with a reserved time. All other disputes as to priority shall be resolved in favor of players who have not already played that day, and for pairs over an individual player. While club members can use the courts without a valid reservation, they must surrender the court to a club member with a valid reservation.
C. Care of the Courts:
1. Tennis shoes must be worn on the courts. No street shoes of any type, regardless of sole composition, may be worn on the courts.
2. No pets, bicycles or other wheeled vehicles, skates or skateboards are allowed within the enclosure at any time.
3. No glass of any kind shall be carried inside the enclosure.
4. The last players departing the court shall securely fasten the gate with the chain and lock provided and turn off the light at the switch by the gate, if applicable.
5. Players shall dispose of all trash in the containers provided. If the smaller containers are full, they should be emptied into the larger containers provided outside the courts or in the pool enclosure.
D. Etiquette: All players should exercise proper tennis etiquette at all times. Only persons playing shall be inside the tennis enclosure. Players should not walk behind players on other courts at any time while the others’ ball is in play. No distracting behavior is permissible at any time, including shouting, running back and forth unnecessarily or intrusion upon another’s court.
E. Locks & Keys: Combination locks or keyed locks may be changed periodically at the direction of the Board and a charge made for new keys. Please do not share combinations or keys with anyone. If you are issued a key you will be responsible for that key and charged a fee to replace if lost or stolen.
F. Tennis Teams: Pangborn Swim and Tennis Club promotes Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association (ALTA) team play at the club. Organized ALTA teams may utilize the courts after coordination with and approval by club officials. Regularly scheduled matches, practice periods and make-up matches shall be posted in advance on ReserveMyCourt.com. Also see TENNIS TEAM RULES.
For questions about tennis at Pangborn, including tennis teams, contact the Club Tennis Committee.
Tennis Teams: Pangborn Swim and Tennis Club promotes ALTA and USTA Team playing at the club. Organized teams competing in USTA, ALTA or other leagues may utilize the courts after coordination with and approval by club officials. Approved teams shall have priority of court times for their regularly scheduled and make-up matches and practice periods when notice of the required dates and times are posted in advance. See TENNIS TEAM RULES.