- No use of the swimming pool shall be made at any time unless a lifeguard is on duty, except during adult swim or with written authorization by Pangborn Swim and Tennis Club, Inc. (the “Club”).
2. Authority of Lifeguards: Any conduct or activity determined by the lifeguard on duty to be unsafe, offensive, or not in the best interest of the operation of the pool or contrary to these rules is prohibited. The lifeguard on duty has full authority to:
(a) Exclude from the pool enclosure for the remainder of the day any person who ignores a direct warning to cease prohibited conduct;
(b) Exclude from the pool enclosure for up to five days any person who attempts to ignore an exclusion order or who repeatedly engages in prohibited conduct;
(c) Exclude from the pool all tubes, floats, kick boards, and similar implements when their use is deemed to be unsafe in the circumstances.
3. Please bring unsafe conditions to the attention of the guard on duty immediately. Please contact the Club with any safety issues by notifying the Club’s President and Vice President at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Report all accidents to the lifeguard(s).
5. Members must Sign In upon entering the pool area and report the name(s) and pay the fee for any guest(s). All guests must pay guest fees to use the pool with the exception of infants under age one and Approved Caregivers, as defined below.
6. Guests: All guests must be accompanied by the sponsoring member at all times and cannot be present in absence of the sponsoring member. For purposes of this rule, a “sponsoring member” shall mean a Member, as defined in the Club’s Bylaws, aged sixteen (16) years or older. Members are limited to no more than 9 guests at a time. More than 9 guests constitutes a party and must be registered with the Party Manager and the Pool Management Company.
Adults living within the Club area, as defined in the Club’s Bylaws, or nearby areas, are limited to four (4) visits to the pool each season as a guest. Persons living within the Club area or nearby areas who are under the age of eighteen (18) are not subject to this limit.
Upon written notification to and approval by the Club’s President, a regular care provider, nanny, or other designated person who is at least sixteen (16) years of age (“Approved Caregiver”) may accompany children of Member households in the place of a sponsoring member.
No refunds of guest fees shall be made in the event that any guest is required to leave the pool enclosure.
7. Members shall be responsible for costs to repair any damage caused by them, their children, or their guest(s).
8. Children under eleven (11) years of age may not be present in the pool enclosure unless accompanied by a member or Approved Caregiver at least sixteen (16) years of age.
9. Wading Pool: No child over six (6) shall be allowed to use the wading pool or play with implements in the wading enclosure. Children using the wading pool shall be under the direct supervision of a person at least sixteen (16) years of age who is physically present within the wading enclosure at all times.
10. Swim Diapers and plastic pants: Any infant or child not completely potty trained must wear swim diapers and plastic pants at all times while in the main or wading pools. Swim diapers and plastic pants may be purchased from from the concessions stand for a minimal fee. When the concessions stand is not open, swim diapers and plastic pants are available for purchase from the lifeguards. Any accidents must be reported to lifeguard on duty immediately. Any Member or Guest of a member who has an accident in the pool and is not wearing swim diapers and plastic pants will be fined $200.00.
11. There shall be no running or horseplay at any time on the masonry apron. Chairs are not allowed within four (4) feet of the big pool.
12. No glass of any kind is permitted within the pool enclosure or tennis enclosure. Glass objects must be immediately removed from the pool enclosure and tennis enclosure.
13. No food or drink shall be consumed in the pool or within four (4) feet of the pool. Members and guests must dispose of all trash and recycling in the containers provided.
14. Moderate use of alcohol by adults aged 21 and over is permitted.
15. Diving Boards: Children under 10 shall not be permitted to use the high diving board except with express permission of the lifeguard on duty and under the direct supervision of a parent. Only one person at a time shall be permitted on the diving boards, including ladders, and no swimmers shall be allowed within the diving area unless expressly permitted by the lifeguard on duty. Lifeguards may declare the diving boards are closed to allow members to swim in area below.
16. Adult Swim: The lifeguard on duty shall declare an adult swim period of 15 minutes each hour beginning at quarter till and ending on the hour. All persons under 18 years of age, including infants and children, with the exception of on shift lifeguards, must clear the pool during adult swim.
17. Telephone: The telephone is for emergency outgoing calls only.
18. Smoking: Smoking is not allowed within the fenced pool enclosure.
19. Weather: In the event of bad weather, the lifeguard will evacuate the pool. The pool will remain closed for at least 20 minutes after the last signting of lighting or the last sound of thunder.
20. Pets: No pets of any type are allowed inside fenced area.
21. Decorum: Members and guests shall conduct themselves at all times with respect for others. No member or guest shall be disrespectful to any other person. Members or their guests shall not engage in any unlawful activity on Club property. No solicitation of any kind is permitted on Club property. Profane, obscene, or indecent materials, clothing, or displays of any kind are prohibited on all Club property.